Modern society is an open book. Just think about all these social networks, chats, smartphones, and other devices. The internet has a massive impact on our lives keeping data about us, our location, passions, and beliefs. Any person can be easily discovered by a stranger. All you need to do is just to visit Instagram or Facebook page. Photos, videos, thoughts, your whole life is online and on your iPhone.
But sometimes social networks are just not enough. That is the case when people first think about spy applications. But nowadays such programs are used not just to hack someone’s phone. Today it is more about self-protection and awareness. So what is lying beneath the phone hacking term? Let us learn more right now.
Where it came from?
First applications to hack cell phones were simple and much narrowed. There were just a few basic features that helped criminals to collect information about the victim. Digital thieves studied habits of their victims and used keyloggers to record their passwords and other important information. But cyber crime is not about spy apps anymore. There are lots of legal programs that you can easily download and install on your computer or phone.
Software that allows a person to hack other person’s phone for monitoring, tracking, logging is called a spying app. This definition does not work well for the entire point of spy applications. Nowadays such software is using for noble purposes more often than ever. But due to its criminal past, people still think that after they installed the spy program, someone will hack their phone instead. This is one of the most widespread misbelieves among gadget users with Android or iOS.
Even in the twenty-first century, people do not completely understand what tracking applications actually do and how they can be used for good purposes. Modern applications that can hack a cell phone are more powerful than ever although that potentially is positive. So, it is very easy to hack someone’s phone, but the reasons to do that changed oppositely in the last few years.
Why hack a phone?
For some period of time such search phrases as “app to expose a cheating spouse” or “how to know who he was talking to” were extremely popular. But times have changed, and people found some other reasons to hack someone’s phone.
- Modern users still afraid of a physical robbery more than an online one. That is why they want to control their devices completely. For example, with a hacking app on your phone, it is easier to find your device if it was stolen;
- Probably, the biggest group of hacking apps users is parents. They want to know constantly where their kid is and what is he doing online. Monitoring apps help parents to protect their children and to track their GPS location;
- One of the corporate purposes of spy applications is monitoring of the devices owned by the company. Also, managers want to control their employees and monitor their activity on the working hours;
- Also, system administrators use hacking applications to control the performance of their corporate devices to prevent any errors.
Even more interesting points about spy applications and their usage you will find in this article.
What can it do?
A modern smartphone deals with multiple tasks such as messaging, typing, taking photographs, shooting videos, web browsing, GPS navigating, and of course, making and receiving calls. Any normal person can’t exist without a cell phone today. Modern hack apps also became highly developed. The range of spy applications on the market impresses. So does the list of features any application has today. So, what exactly a typical hack app can do?
- Messages monitoring – the main feature for any spy app to have and the first one old school applications to have. It is also often the vital feature for any person who wants to hack a phone. Any messages that were received or sent through a target phone can be logged.
- Calls logging – the simplest form of calls logging is about collecting the details of incoming or outgoing calls. It displays the duration, dates, and phone numbers.
- Internet browsing history – all the websites that were visited by a target phone user will be logged.
- GPS tracking – helps people to find their phone if it was stolen or lost. Also, helps parents to control their kid’s location in real time.
- Multimedia content – people, often hack someone’s phone to get access to his or her videos, photos, contacts, calendars, and any other data.
- Remote controls – you can control the spying software from your personal account via your cell phone or computer.
There are two types of hacking apps. Free and paid applications can differ by performance and the number of features they have. Paid apps are more advanced and have bunch of interesting options:
- Sound recording – with this feature the target phone becomes a real evidence creator. You can remotely record all calls and even surrounding sounds.
- Message services and social networks monitoring – as nowadays social networks are vital for any person, this option always is very important for people who what to hack someone’s phone and that is why developers often make it paid. But if you launch it, you can easily track such applications as WhatsApp, iMessage, Viber, Facebook Messenger, and BB Messenger.
There is one small point that is often missed by new monitoring apps users. You can’t hack an old school cell phone that has no access to the internet and can’t cope with applications. So, only modern smartphones can become a target for your hacking actions. Before the app installation, you also should check the operating system of the target phone. The most popular are iOS and Android, but there are also applications for Windows and Blackberry operating systems.