Losing phones or simply putting them away and forgetting where you kept them is a common scenario for most of us. You will find it surprising to know that nearly 2,000 phones are stolen every day, and as many as 70 million phones are lost each year.
Undoubtedly, getting a hold over the lost mobile phone with no access to SIM card, GPS, or the internet could prove to be a tough task. But not anymore. How do you ask? Well, the IMEI tracker can help you out. Let’s see how.
What is IMEI?
IMEI stands for International Mobile Equipment Identity. It is a 15-digit unique code provided by GSMA and acts as an identity certificate for your phone.
The working of an IMEI number is simple to understand. Every time you make a call or send and receive a message, your IMEI number is automatically emitted and tracked. That is how your IMEI number can play an essential role in helping you track your lost phone.
How to Find the IMEI Number of Your Phone?
Finding the IMEI number of your phone is easy. However, the exact procedure might vary depending on your mobile device.
How to Find your IMEI on iPhone
You can find the IMEI number of your iPhone by following the steps given below:
- On your iPhone device, head on to Settings.
- Next, click on General > About.
- Now, scroll down to find your IMEI number and note it down. That’s all.
In case your device isn’t next to you at the moment, you can try to find your IMEI number using one of these methods:
- Open your browser and go to appleid.apple.com
- Enter your Apple ID credentials
- Locate the Devices section
- Select your device
- Your IMEI and MEID numbers will be shown
For iPhones with iOS 3 or later that are signed into your Apple ID:
- Go to Settings
- Scroll down and locate all devices that are signed in with your Apple ID
- Tap the device name and you will see the codes
Use iTunes to find IMEI and MEID codes:
- Connect your phone to the PC
- Open iTunes
- Locate your mobile phone under the Summary tab
- For iPhones, press the Phone Number option under your device’s name and you will see the IMEI and MEID codes
- For iPads, press the Serial Number option to find the codes
How to Find your IMEI on Android
Finding your android phone’s IMEI number is even simpler on Android. All you need to do is:
- Open the calling application on your device.
- Dial *#06# on your phone.
- As soon as you do this, the IMEI number of your phone will be automatically displayed on your screen.
If the above method doesn’t work for you or you want to try out a different way for any reason whatsoever, here is a series of steps that you need to follow:
- Switch off your android device.
- Remove the back cover of your phone and its battery.
- You can now look for the IMEI inside your phone and note it down.
However, if your phone doesn’t come with a removable battery or if the IMEI number is not there, follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings on your phone.
- Scroll down to About Phone.
- Note down the IMEI number that pops up along with other relevant details.
Can you find a phone using an iPhone IMEI tracker?
If you lost your phone, and are trying to recover it, the best bet is to use the official Find My iPhone option by Apple. The process is rather easy and straightforward, so it shouldn’t take long to complete. Here’s a detailed video tutorial on how to use it:
However, it is not really possible to track your phone by using IMEI number nor the serial number. Find My iPhone is the most reliable way of locating a lost or stolen iPhone.
How to Track a Lost or Stolen Device Using Spokeo
Spokeo is an all-around phone monitoring service that enables users to obtain more information about the device and its owner. You can get a lot of actionable information by either entering the owner’s phone number or address.
Spokeo service has access to billions of records. Thanks to their huge database, they are able to extract and shape a lot of useful, publicly-available data. The only downside, though, is that you can’t actually track the current GPS location of the device.
How to Track the Phone Using IMEI Tracker for Free
How to track lost mobile with IMEI number? Well, you can track it down for free with the help of various online applications.
- Download and install the application on your device.
- Provide the required permissions to the app.
Additionally, you will also be able to send SMS or command get lost phone from other devices to your lost device, and this app will provide the exact location of your phone as a reply.
Share the IMEI number with the police
If your phone is stolen, the best option here will be to contact the police and share the IMEI number with them. They will be then able to track the device for you.
Contact your cell phone provider
In addition to contacting the police, you can also contact the device’s manufacturer to find your phone for you. Don’t forget to share your IMEI number with them.
How to Track a Phone Without Knowing the IMEI Number?
Although you can track a phone using IMEI for free, things do not always go as expected. You might not have your IMEI number handy with you and have no idea as to how to track your mobile back!
That’s when mSpy tracker comes to your rescue.
It is an anti-theft app that keeps your device secure even when it is in the wrong hands. Further, it helps you in regaining the lost access to your phone.
It is all due to the GPS location feature of the app, which uploads the GPS location of your phone in periodic and regular intervals on Google Maps.
This way, you can identify the last-uploaded location of your phone, look for it accordingly and even track cell phone without the target’s knowledge.
Here are the steps that you need to follow to search mobile with the help of this IMEI tracker:
- Download and install the app. You will be asked to provide your email during installation.
- Activate the app by installing the .apk file from the welcome email.
- Now, you can login to your account using any internet-enabled device and track the location of your phone.
It is essential to mention here that mSpy not only helps you in locating your phone, but it comes with a range of other features too:
✔ Monitor SMS text messages
✔ Live control panel which allows you to track your device on the go
✔ Track iMessages
✔ Maintain a log of all the photos and videos
✔ Track incoming and outgoing calls on your device
✔ Run the device’s camera in a stealth mode
Can I Track My IMEI Number Through Google Earth?
The simple answer to this question is – NO! IMEI number of your phone is essential, and this is the reason that it is never broadcasted over the area. It is kept confidential and adequately encrypted. Additionally, the IMEI number of your phone is dynamic and can be reused by other devices.
Thus, you cannot track the IMEI number through Google Earth or Google Maps, but you can use mSpy app to track your lost phone!
Can IMEI Be Tracked When the Phone Is Off?
Yes, it can. However, it will show only the last location. You can try to use a third-party app, Google services, or call your provider. In any other case, you won’t be able to track it as the switched device won’t be able to emit any signals with nearby cell phone towers.