Losing phones or simply putting them away and forgetting where you kept them is a common scenario for most of us. You will find it surprising to know that nearly 2,000 phones are stolen every day, and as many as 70 million phones are lost each year.
Undoubtedly, getting a hold over the lost mobile phone with no access to SIM card, GPS, or the internet could prove to be a tough task. But not anymore. How do you ask? Well, the IMEI tracker can help you out. Let’s see how.
What is IMEI?
IMEI stands for International Mobile Equipment Identity. It is a 15-digit unique code provided by GSMA and acts as an identity certificate for your phone.
The working of an IMEI number is simple to understand. Every time you make a call or send and receive a message, your IMEI number is automatically emitted and tracked. That is how your IMEI number can play an essential role in helping you track your lost phone.
How to find the IMEI number of your phone?
Finding the IMEI number of your phone is easy. However, the exact procedure might vary depending on your mobile device.
Find your iPhone IMEI
You can find the IMEI number of your iPhone by following the steps given below:
- On your iPhone device, head on to Settings.
- Next, click on General > About.
- Now, scroll down to find your IMEI number and note it down. That’s all.
Find your Android IMEI
Finding your android phone’s IMEI number is even simpler on Android. All you need to do is:
- Open the calling application on your device.
- Dial *#06# on your phone.
- As soon as you do this, the IMEI number of your phone will be automatically displayed on your screen.
If the above method doesn’t work for you or you want to try out a different way for any reason whatsoever, here is a series of steps that you need to follow:
- Switch of your android device.
- Remove the back cover of your phone and its battery.
- You can now look for the IMEI inside your phone and note it down.
However, if your phone doesn’t come with a removable battery or if the IMEI number is not there, follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings on your phone.
- Scroll down to About Phone.
- Note down the IMEI number that pops up along with other relevant details.
How to track the phone using IMEI tracker for free?
How to track lost mobile with IMEI number? Well, you can track it down for free with the help of various online applications.
- Search for an app named IMEI Tracker – Find my Device in the app store of your device.
- Download and install the application on your device.
- Provide the required permissions to the app.
- You might also be asked to provide the phone number of your trusted members. This way, if your phone gets stolen or missing and if a new SIM card is inserted in your device, an automatic SMS notification will be rolled out your trusted family members. The SMS will contain important information like the location of your phone and its IMEI number.
- Additionally, you will also be able to send SMS or command get lost phone from other devices to your lost device, and this app will provide the exact location of your phone as a reply.
If your phone is stolen, the best option here will be to contact the police and share the IMEI number with them. They will be then able to track the device for you.
Contact your cell phone provider
In addition to contacting the police, you can also contact the device’s manufacturer to find your phone for you. Don’t forget to share your IMEI number with them.
Lost your phone without noting down its IMEI number?
Although you can track a phone using IMEI for free, things do not always go as expected. You might not have your IMEI number handy with you and have no idea as to how to track your mobile back!
That’s when Highster Mobile tracker comes to your rescue. It is an anti-theft app that keeps your device secure even when it is the wrong hands. Further, it helps you in regaining the lost access to your phone.
It is all due to the GPS location feature of the app, which uploads the GPS location of your phone in periodic and regular intervals on Google Maps. This way, you can identify the last-uploaded location of your phone, look for it accordingly and even track someone’s cell phone location without them knowing.
Here are the steps that you need to follow to search mobile with the help of this IMEI tracker:
- Download and install the app using the OTA (over-the-air) method. You will be asked to provide your telephone number during installation.
- Activate the app by entering the license key, which will be provided to you once you make the payment.
- Now, you can login to your account using any internet-enabled device and track the location of your phone.
It is essential to mention here that Highster Mobile not only helps you in locating your phone, but it comes with a range of other features too:
- Monitor SMS text messages
- Live control panel which allows you to track your device on the go
- Track iMessages
- Maintain a log of all the photos and videos
- Track incoming and outgoing calls on your device
- Run the device’s camera in a stealth mode
Can I track my IMEI number through Google Maps?
The simple answer to this question is – NO! IMEI number of your phone is essential, and this is the reason that it is never broadcasted over the area. It is kept confidential and adequately encrypted. Additionally, the IMEI number of your phone is dynamic and can be reused by other devices.
Thus, you cannot track the IMEI number through Google Earth or Google Maps, but you can use Highster Mobile app to track your lost phone!