Need advice on how to track an iPhone you have lost? Wondering how to track an iPhone by phone number if it has been stolen or if you need to locate someone else’s device? There are different safe methods. Some of them are suitable for Android phones too.
In this article, we will explain different options that you can use to track phone you own and the device you would like to get access to secretly – which belongs to your child, other family member or a person that works for your company. Keep reading to learn about easy ways to find an Apple phone location that is good for monitoring multiple devices. Wondering what are they?
How Can You Do It without Installing an App
There are a few cool apps, for example, mSpy, that allow tracking phone easily. Don’t want to deal with complexities of installing them and looking for opportunities to track a cell phone location for free or need advice on how to monitoring an iPhone by phone number? Let’s discuss your options.
What if your iPhone is missing? How to track an iPhone without any apps? The easiest method to identify the place where your iOS phone is located without any application is to access your iCloud dashboard. You can do it using your Mac computer, iPad or iPod in a few steps.
- Sign in your iCloud account. You will need to enter your password and Apple ID.
- When you see your dashboard on the screen, click on the “Find My iPhone” icon.
- Choose “My Devices” menu to open it. Select the one you want to find.
- You will be able to view the exact current location of your iPhone on the interactive map.
But this is not all you can do. There are several great features.
- There is an option to take advantage of the Play Sound feature to set an alarm for 2 minutes at full volume so that someone can notice your iPhone and keep it for you.
- You can enable the Lost Mode to lock your device and make it start showing a flash custom message on the screen.
- Do you believe that somebody stole your iPhone? You can use the Erase Data feature to delete all information which is stored on your smart device to protect your privacy.
Track Phone using Google’s Timeline
Do you know that every iPhone keeps a detailed log of where the user has been every day on the map? Read this article to learn more. In fact, both Apple and Google store users’ location history in case of emergencies. Isn’t that wonderful? If you have turned on this function on your iPhone and as long it is connected to the internet, Google would update your phone location. You will be able to find out the latest updated information online if you visit google.com and choose this service. You can follow the map to your mobile device.
How to track iPhone with Google’s Timeline? It doesn’t take much time.
- Use your browser to go to Google’s Timeline. Choose the present date on the panel at the top of the page or click on “Today”.
- Scroll down the list of location history and choose the latest update at the bottom of the list.
- What should you do next? If you discover your iPhone’s locations have been the same for the previous updates, find that place and get your smartphone.
- Is your iPhone changing its locations? It is likely to have been stolen and you’d better report to the police and protect your data to prevent other people from accessing it. Ask your friends to help you follow your iPhone.
There is a variety of methods to secure your personal data.
- Change your Apple ID password immediately
- Change passwords to accounts on Twitter, Facebook and other social media platforms and all your email accounts
- Tell the police your iPhone’s serial number. In this way, you will protect yourself if somebody uses your smartphone for illegal purposes.
- Contact the Carrier to inform them that your iPhone is lost or stolen and ask to terminate your account.
How to Track an iPhone by Phone Number
In most cases, monitoring a missing smartphone is possible if you have installed one of the powerful tracking apps, like mSpy or FlexiSpy. Another option is the use of IMEI. But lots of people keep asking how to track an iPhone by phone number. Here is an answer to their questions.
The problem is that if somebody stole your phone, the thief is most likely to change your sim card for another one. Your number will be no longer available. Your chances to find your smartphone using your sim card number are low. Don’t believe those people who tell you they know how to track an iPhone by phone number because they can just tell you the last place where your device was. That’s all.
Why Would You Need an App?
If you want to monitor a mobile device which doesn’t belong to you, the only way to do it secretly is by using some reliable GPS phone monitoring application. What are the best options?
You can use Find My Friends that is built-in the latest versions of iOS if you prefer to take advantage of a free cell phone tracker. This application was designed not for spying purposes but as an awesome means of connecting family members and friends. You won’t have to download this software. A person will need access to someone else’s smartphone for a few minutes to enable this app by changing settings and simply share their location to your own iPhone without them knowing. Accept the invitation that they send to you on your device without sharing your location with them. Unfortunately, this method is not 100% fool-proof.
How to track an iPhone that you don’t own secretly and not to be detected? You can use one of the professional monitoring apps like mSpy that is reliable and has a lot of advanced monitoring features that make it a perfect app for parental control and employee monitoring.
Was this article useful? Feel free to share your ideas in the comments.