5 Ways to Read Instagram Messages without Being Seen
Are you an avid social media user who receives multiple messages you can reply to all at once? Do you sometimes want to check a person’s message without replying to them? Have you ever wished that you had read a message and the sender didn’t know if you had read the message? If you answered yes to any of these questions or would like to know how to read Instagram messages without being seen, you should keep reading.
Can I Read IG Messages without Being Seen?
Yes, it is possible to read IG messages without being seen. Even though Instagram automatically shows the “seen” text as soon as you open the message, there are some other methods you can use to avoid this. In this article, we’ll discuss the following methods of reading Instagram messages without being seen:
- Airplane mode
- Turning off the internet
- Use the “Restrict” feature
- Use your email
Method 1 – Airplane Mode
Airplane mode is a phone feature that allows you to turn off all your device’s wireless features. When you turn on airplane mode on your phone, no one can call or text you (except for emergency calls). Before checking your Instagram messages, you should turn on your airplane mode before opening your app. This way, your phone’s internet features are no longer functional; hence no one can see what you’re doing.
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to read Instagram messages without being seen in airplane mode;
- Turn off your airplane mode.
- Open your Instagram app.
- Open the dm of the person you want to message.
- You can now read any messages that the person has sent.
- Click on the message bar and type a reply if needed.
- Send the reply.
- Leave the Instagram app and turn on your airplane mode the same way you turned it off.
Method 2 – mSpy
mSpy is a great tool to help you read Instagram messages without being seen. If you have a child who uses Instagram, and you would like to keep track of the child’s activity, mSpy lets you do this by allowing you to read all of their messages without them even knowing that you’re doing so.
To use mSpy to read IG messages without being seen, you can use the following methods.
- Visit the mSpy website to get started.
- Click “TRY NOW” at the top right of your screen to register any device.
- Register with your email address.
- Select the device you want to register, i.e., the device where the Instagram app is installed.
- Choose your preferred plan from the options given.
- Proceed to fill in the necessary details and make payment.
- Once you are done, you will be given a link to download the mSpy app on the phone you want To monitor.
- Download the app and return to your mSpy dashboard.
- On the left side of your dashboard, you will find a list of features. Scroll to “Social Networks” and locate Instagram Messenger.
- Click on “Instagram Messenger,” and you will find a list of people with whom the account has been chatting.
mSpy is one of the best Instagram spy apps that’s recommended by experts for reading Instagram messages without opening the app.
Method 3 – Turn Off the Internet
Although we have noted that Instagram’s read-receipt feature is unavailable. So, can you read IG messages without being seen or using any of the apps above? Definitely! Turning off your internet before reading the message allows you to read IG messages without being seen. To do this;
- Open your Instagram app to confirm that you have messages. The message section is typically at the app home’s top right corner.
- Click on the message icon to load unread messages. Be careful here. The goal is to load unread messages, not read them.
- Once you have loaded the messages, leave the Instagram app and turn off your data to disconnect from internet services.
- Open the Instagram app and the message you want to read without being seen. Now, you can read (and reply to) the message without the Instagram “Seen” in your DM.
Method 4 – Restrict the Recipient
Restricting people on Instagram is another way to view their messages without letting them know you have seen them. The restriction feature limits your level of interaction with other Instagram users – you won’t be able to see their posts or view their stories. If they send you a message, it will be treated as a request rather than a DM; viewing the request will not notify the sender if you have read their message.
To restrict an Instagram user;
- Visit the person’s profile.
- Click on the three vertical dots in the top right corner of your screen. (the ones in a red circle.)
- You will be shown a dropdown with a list of options.
- Choose Restrict.
- You will be asked to confirm if you want to restrict the account.
- Once you restrict the account, all their messages will come in as requests, and you can read them without letting them know.
Method 5 – Use Your Email
The final method to be discussed in this article is the email method. You can view an Instagram DM without opening it by using your email. But how? You need a social media assistant like AIGrow. AIGrow connects your Instagram activities to your email so you can a direct mail when you receive an Instagram message, and you can reply to the message right from your email. Here’s a simple guide on how to read an Instagram message without opening it using AIGrow.
- First, you need to open an account so visit the AIGrow website.
- Click on “STAT NOW” at the top right corner of the website to open a free account.
- You will receive a confirmation email from AIGrow. Click the “Click mail” button to verify that you are the owner of the email address.
- You will be redirected to your AIGrow dashboard, where you will be asked to provide your Instagram handle. You can add more than one Instagram account.
- Confirm that you are the owner of the Instagram account you want to link with your email.
- Choose your country and city to continue.
- Select a category that best suits your need for AIGrow services.
- You can skip the rest parts of the onboarding process.
- Go to your dashboard. Find can click on “Direct Messages
- Next, you will see a tab where you can find “DM to email.”
- Connect your Instagram account to your email and save.
- That’s all. You can now receive and reply to Instagram DMs from your email.
How to Know If Someone Reads Your Direct Message on Instagram?
Instagram notifies you when someone reads your direct message. You only get notifications for unread messages other than the fact that the message has been sent. However, a “Seen” notification will appear under the last message that a person reads alongside the time when the message was read.
The picture below shows two messages from one sender. One of the messages has been delivered and seen, while the other has only been delivered.
How to Turn Off Seen Message on Instagram?
There is no official way to turn off the seen message feature on Instagram. You need to use a third-party app to achieve this. You can learn everything you need to know how to read an Instagram message without opening it in the previous sections. We have detailed six sure methods, and you can try any of them.
Instagram updates its features regularly, but there is no way to tell if the social media giant would allow users to view messages without being seen. Rather than sit with your hands folded, you can try any of the options discussed in this article and take charge f your situation.