Phone numbers are just as ubiquitous as a person’s name. They are connected to just about everything online, from social media accounts to money transactions.
All you need for a background search is a phone number. But how to know whose number is this? That’s where Spokeo comes.
Spokeo converts the possibility of knowing a person through their phone number into a reality.
It gives a full search result with a complete report on person’s details like:
- email ids;
- social media handles;
- all the records associated with them on the internet within seconds.
How to look up a phone number?
- Visit the Spokeo website,
- Enter it into the search box,
- Press search.
Voila! You get access to a complete internet footprint of the number you searched for.
Why choose Spokeo?
- Spokeo makes background investigation simple for you.
What it does is a Reverse Phone search that will comb through billions of white pages and access directories across the internet to locate the mobile phone number you without them knowing and identify the owner’s name and details.
Spokeo will then consolidate all the results into an easy-to-understand summary report.
This way, you can quickly identify annoying spam callers as telemarketers, robocalls, or credit collectors and be able to block them and not worry about your security as you stay undetectable.
- You can also protect your own online identity and be aware of phone scams.
By looking up any suspicious phone numbers, you can find out potential fraudster’s names and locations.
It helps you protect your finances and data phone scams like voice phishing.
- You don’t have to limit your searches to your use.
Spokeo can help protect your loved ones and family as well.
Just use the reverse search of the phone numbers in your family’s phone bill and find out if anyone with a suspicious background or malicious intent is in contact with your family.
You can warn them with the hard data you find using Spokeo and keep them safe.
- It helps you identify online predators by catching people on their lies.
A phone search on Spokeo can reveal a lot more legitimate information like dates on specific transactions, criminal records, and the right level of identity verification.
That ensures you can proceed further with any transaction only when you are assured of the person’s identity.
Search a phone number with Kiwi
Kiwi is another online phone search service that lets users look up a phone number.
If you get missed calls from an unknown number, you don’t have to split your head thinking who it might be.
It could be a call back from the place you interviewed; it could be a telemarketer; it could be an old friend.
Why get confused. Just run a phone search and get your answer.
This way, you can easily block spammers and be at peace of mind.
When you know who’s calling you, you can take the appropriate action.
How to use Kiwi:
- You enter the phone number you want to search for.
- Wait for the search to complete and then click on see results.
- You will have to enter your information for sign up, and once done, you will receive the results in your inbox.
Pricing policy: Spokeo vs. Kiwi
Spokeo provides its services under a free trial or premium content subscription policies.
- Free trial, which allows you to try Spokeo for free.
The duration and services provided during the trial period may vary. You can opt-out of subscription before your trial expires.
- Premium content services are specialized Spokeo membership plans that range from a paid single report to a full-fledged monthly subscription plan.
Premium content sold through Spokeo is final, and all the membership plans are prepaid. Your plans will be automatically renewed, and you can cancel your subscription anytime you want.
NOTE: For both free trial and paid purchases, you will have to enter your payment processing details. That is to certify your identity. Your card details are safe as Spoke does not store them or sell it to third parties.
Subscription charges may vary from a one-time monthly plan for $13.95 to a 3-month membership for $7.95/month. Spokeo is free to change the plans and costs at any time.
Kiwi charges you for every search you make on the platform regardless of whether you get any possible resorts or not.
- For a single person search, phone search, or address search subscription, you will be charged $29.99.
- It will cost you $19.99 per month for each separate search. The subscription charges are different from the search costs.
- You are only allowed to perform 10 searches per month for a subscription. Additional searches will cost you $9.95 per a report, and there is no restrictive limit on paid searches.
Can you Google search for a phone number?
If reverse phone number lookup is not turning out any good results, you can try searching the numbers on a bigger search platform like Google, Yahoo, or Bing.
Chances are you might come across some content with the number you are trying to lookup.
It could be listed on a social media page or a website by the individual or the business owning it.
If the telephone number starts with 800, you can try running it with 800notes.com or whocalled.us to find if they are from telemarketers.
Some more phone directory apps
Sometimes phone records may not be complete, and you might find it challenging to find more information from cell phone numbers.
Sometimes you might be wondering if there is a free cell phone lookup service.
Worry not when you can’t find an unknown caller.
You can keep digging as there are many solutions available to know whose number it is.
Here is a list of some more apps that can help you:
- TrueCaller is a popular phone number search app in Asia, particularly India. It has a database of over 2 billion numbers.
- Hiya, formerly known as white pages, it can be used to identify caller Id, fraud detection, and block spammers.
- Mr. Number provides caller id identification and spam protection from unknown numbers.
- Call Control can block unwanted calls, texts and find out the default dialer and caller id information of a number.
The next steps
So, do not worry, and stop speculating whose number is this calling me.
Make the best use of the apps mentioned above, and you should be good to go. And no, none of them are scams!