Top 9 Android Parental Control Apps: Reviewed
The most effective way to keep your child safe from negative internet influence is by installing dedicated Android parental control software. Basic parental control apps for Android allow you to monitor, limit, and even block your children’s unwanted online activity.
In turn, advanced monitoring solutions give you access to more essential data for child’s online security , such as live location tracking or social media chats. Our team of cybersecurity specialists and concerned parents in one can vouch for the following providers after testing them first-hand:
|Best Annual Price||$99.99||$29.99||$99.95||$99.95||$49.00||$149||$99.99||$49.46||$59.99|
30-day money-back guarantee
30-day money-back guarantee
7-day money-back guarantee
7-day money-back guarantee
|Devices per subscription||One||One||Up to 25||One||Unlimited||One||Up to 3||Up to 15||Up to 30|
mSpy – Best Overall Android Parental Control App
With more than 30 monitoring features and about 1 Million customers, mSpy is an acknowledged market leader among the best parental phone monitoring apps. It works with both Android and iOS and provides a complete tracking solution for calls, texts, and social media.
- Secure payment options like Mastercard, Visa, Discover, and American Express
- Advanced tracking with geo-fencing feature
- 24/7 customer support in 8 languages
- Undetectable spy app
- Offers no-jailbreaking version
- Most premium features require rooting
Pricing: mSpy plans range from $29.99 a month to $199.99 a year, based on whether you are going for the Basic or Premium package. And the subscriptions also come with a 14-day refund policy.
Highster Mobile – Monitoring App for Android Without Monthly Fees
If you are looking for the best parental control app around, then go with Highster Mobile. It is one of the best parental control apps for Android due to its super-easy over-the-air installation. All you have to do is click the download link.
- Does not require rooting
- Unique one-time payment option
- Free lifetime updates
- A 30-day refund policy
- No Jailbreak needed for iPhones
- No free trial
Pricing: The Basic option comes at $29.99, while the Pro edition costs $69.99 (both one-time payments). Also, the plans come with a 30-day money-back policy. This is one of the most affordable providers in the market.
Qustodio – Advanced App Blocker for Android Devices
Qustodio is another widely used parental control software preferred by Android users. Probably, this is the best way to supervise your children wherever you are. The app is one of the most advanced filtering software, blocking access to inappropriate content.
- Detailed & regular reporting
- Android panic button
- Screen time control
- App usage management and game restrictions
- Family locator function
- No keylogger feature
Pricing: The Qustodio pricing plans are less flexible in comparison to other providers, there are only yearly subscriptions available. Although, the discounts and special offers are impressive: the prices range from $49.46 to $124.16 annually.
Famisafe – Multi-Device Internet Filter
The parents of a big family who want to keep an eye on all their kids in one place should try Famisafe. It gives you the ability to track messages, e-mails, multimedia files, GPS location, social media activity, and internet browser actions for up to 30 different Android or iOS devices.
- Built-in explicit content detector
- App management & blocking
- Screen time limits
- Real-time danger alerts
- Advanced device usage data analytics
- Slow location updates
Pricing: With Famisafe, you can choose between a monthly, an annual, or a quarterly plan. They cost $9.99, $4.99, and $6.66 per month, respectively, which makes yearly subscription the most profitable one.
KidsGuard – Remote Parental Control App
KidsGuard is one of those rare monitoring solutions that not only give you basic social networks and device access but also allow parents to record calls and activate an Android phone’s camera without touching the device. If you’re in the market for all-round monitoring, KidsGuard is right for you.
- Supports multiple languages
- Can track stickers, photos, emojis in messenger apps
- Offers unique iCloud monitoring feature
- Control panel works with any browser
- 5-minute installation
- No internet filtering or website blocking available
Pricing: iCloud monitoring costs $8.32 per month, just like Android monitoring. iOS monitoring will cost slightly higher, at $9.16 per month. On average, KidsGuard is only $0.27 per day.
FlexiSpy – New Level of Parental Control Software
FlexiSPY is known for its professional-grade functions like phone call interception and recording of calls on Facebook, Skype, Viber, WhatsApp, and more. The app can listen to all background sounds via a microphone, take photos/screenshots or shoot videos from the target device, capture passcodes.
- Comes with Android keylogger
- Records VoIP calls & phone calls
- VIP-level tech support
- Offers devices with pre-installed FlexiSPY parental controls
- The only provider boasting free Android mobile viewer app
- Fast internet connection required
- Rooting is necessary
Pricing: The basic FlexiSPY package capable of remote phone control is available at just $29.95 per month. A more advanced set of features, including tracking of most instant messenger chats, is priced from roughly $13 a month. The all-inclusive Extreme version is about $30.
Cocospy – Best No-Root Parental Control App for Android
If your kids tend to run late, skip school, and often don’t return your calls, the Cocospy Android spy app fits the bill. The key highlight is the top-notch Wi-Fi, SIM-card, and LTE-based location tracking. Using this service, you won’t have to worry about their whereabouts or misplaced Android devices anymore.
- ALL features are available without rooting
- No viruses or plugins
- 1 million active users across the world, 96% satisfaction rate
- Access to ~20 social networks, Tumblr, Telegram & Tinder included
- Well-organized dashboard
- Lacks a call recording feature
Pricing: Basic plan from $8.33 per month will do for small kids. Parents of teens should choose the Premium subscription worth $9.99 a month. If you have 3 kids, opt for Family package starting from $16.66 monthly.
Hoverwatch – Parental Control Developed for Android Only
Focusing on a single mobile OS, Hoverwatch regularly perfects its Android monitoring abilities ahead of the competition. The most recent developments are call recording for Android 10 and tracking WhatsApp, Facebook, Viber, Hangout, Instagram, Snapchat, and browsing activity without rooting Android devices.
- Tracks up to 25 devices, suitable for a large family or a whole class
- Neat dashboard with all mobile devices & PC’s in one place
- Regular free & remote updates
- Data upload every 5 minutes
- Available for macOS and Windows
- Doesn’t support iOS
- Physical access required for installation
Pricing: Hoverwatch doesn’t limit its functionality for any of the pricing plans. Only the number of devices makes them different. Monthly fee of $8.33 for one device, $3.33 per device for 5 of them, and $1.67 per device for 25.
Bark – Android Parental Control Against Online Threats
Bark is an award-winning parental control app and a website blocker for parents and school administrations. The app has impacted more than 5 million lives by providing advanced management, monitoring, detection, and alerts on impending harm like cyberbullying or suicidal thoughts.
Since its inception, the app has thwarted 16 school shootings and more than 50,000 self-inflicted injuries.
- Developed ft. child psychologists
- Smart keyword alerts to detect harmful topics like drugs, porn, violence, etc.
- Doesn’t invade child’s privacy (only dangerous content accessible for parents)
- Monitors 30+ social media, more than any other provider
- Features Google Suite integration for schools
- No clear notifications about subscription renewal
Pricing: There’s an entry-level product for younger kids for $5 per month (focused on screen time, location, and web filtering) and a more comprehensive solution (featuring social networks and potential issues alerts) for $14 per month. Annual subscription saves you up to 41%.
How to Set Parental Controls on an Android Phone
- Register on the website of the chosen provider and purchase a subscription.
- Click the installation link from the welcome email and follow the setup wizard’s instructions.
- Sign in to your control panel and start monitoring.
What Is the Best Parental Control App?
Our team’s personal favorite is mSpy due to its stable performance and price-quality ratio.
If you’re dealing with teens , Bark or Cocospy is a good choice.
Do you have a particularly secretive kid ? FlexiSPY and KidsGuard will uncover the truth.
A large family will benefit from Qustodio and Famisafe subscriptions.
Hoverwatch will help if you wish to monitor both mobile devices and personal computers .
If the budget is tight , Highster Mobile won’t disappoint.